IT-Security Awareness Days 2022 Online event series on information security in October
How can data protection be guaranteed in the home office? How can I protect myself from attacks via the USB interface? And how can I protect my privacy on the net with a “best of” browser extensions? The IT Security Awareness Days (IT-SAD) answer these and other questions in thirteen lectures. The online event series will take place from 10 to 21 October and is being organised for the fourth time by TU Braunschweig together with several German universities. The lectures on the topic of information security are also explicitly aimed at non-IT-savvy employees and students.
The events take place online via Webex. All details, the entire programme as well as slides and recordings are available on TU Braunschweig’s IT Security Blog.
- 10:00 am: 11 Golden Rules of Information Security (Christian Böttger, TU Braunschweig)
- 11:00 am: IT security in the home office (Arne Windeler, TU Braunschweig)
- 11:00 am: Beware of the trap! Hackers, thieves, social engineers (Holger Beck, University of Göttingen)
- 14:00: The 4×4 most important IT security fallacies (Christian Böttger, TU Braunschweig)
- 10:00 am: Email dangers and their defence (Christian Böttger, TU Braunschweig)
- 11:00 am: Pitfalls of everyday life (Bernhard Brandel, KU Eichstätt-Ingolstadt)
- 14:00: Handling passwords (Christian Böttger, TU Braunschweig)
- 10:00 am: Ransomware case study: Emotet/Quakbot (Christian Böttger, TU Braunschweig)
- 14:00: Keylogger & BadUSB – Attacks via the USB interface (Tobias Scheible, Albstadt-Sigmaringen University)
- 10:00 am: Public Key Infrastructures – A Question of Trust (Johannes Braun, TU Darmstadt)
- 10:00 am: Creating awareness – How do I train my employees? (Leonard Jari Zurek, TU Braunschweig)
- 11:00 am: IT security in the media (Andreas Leder, University of Marburg)
- 10:00 am: Protecting privacy on the net – the “best of” browser extensions (Irmgard Blomenkemper, University of Cologne)